Our Gutter Protection FAQs For Puget Sound
Haven’t Had Your Gutter Questions Answered? Look No Further!
Contrary to popular belief, there simply is no such thing as a “one size fits all” solution to gutter protection. For one thing, there are two separate and distinct components you need to be aware of.
1. Gutters are what actually carry and drain the water.
2. Gutter cover systems, like MasterShield, are what protect the gutters from debris and clogging.
The truth of the matter is that gutters are a lot more complicated than people think. You have to look at roof angles, pitch, water volume, the length of the run and much, much more. A gutter that works great on one home might be a disaster waiting to happen on another.
Long story short, we won’t ALWAYS recommend MasterShield because it’s truly not ALWAYS the right solution. That said, when it’s an option, we strongly recommend it, since it is the most effective system for Puget Sound’s climate and vegetation.
Some counties and cities actually require gutter protection, but others do not. Nonetheless, your roof, foundation, and home as a whole will thank you if you do utilize a gutter guard system. It will more than pay for itself in preventing damages down the line.
Here are 5 problems a quality gutter guard prevents for Puget Sound homeowners:
1. Foundation Damage: When your gutters are clogged, rainwater pools around the foundation of your home. Gutter protection prevents clogs, thereby removing the risk of foundation damage.
2. Wood Damage: When you have free-flowing gutters, you eliminate the chance of water infiltration under your siding and fascia.
3. Insect Infestation: You no longer need to worry about your gutter becoming a breeding ground for disease-spreading insects like mosquitoes.
4. Mold & Mildew: With a gutter guard on your home, you don’t have to worry about stagnant water in your gutters and on your roofline. Mold and mildew have no chance to grow!
5. Personal Injury: Last but certainly not least-… you no longer run the risk of a fall injury while cleaning your gutters. Keep that wobbly ladder in the polebarn!
Unlike our competitors, MasterShield® uses an actual microscopic filter to separate liquids from solids. As a result, MasterShield will never let anything but water into your gutter, because it is a true “closed system.”
This is just one of the many reasons why we back it with our no-clog, 100% money back guarantee.
When it comes to MasterShield specifically, there is a Lifetime No-Clog Guarantee. Essentially, as long as you have a properly installed MasterShield system with a valid warranty, you will NEVER have to clean your gutters.
That said, not all manufacturers offer this warranty. While we can’t say all gutter protection systems are this effective, we can confidently say it about MasterShield.
Gutter Issues? No Problem.
If you think you need gutter protection or even new gutters, we would be honored to help. Just give us a call at 1-800-503-7597 or schedule an appointment with us online.